North East Regional Innovative Cluster for Structural and Molecular Imaging (Imago-Mol), the only medical imaging cluster in Romania and European Union, is a non-governmental, non-profit organization whose objectives are to support the growth of scientific competitiveness of its members and the economic competitiveness of North East Region in the field of medical imaging by developing a framework for cooperation targeting diversification and optimization of services in this specific area.
Imago-Mol Cluster gathers under its umbrella promoters of research and development, innovation and education, hospitals, promoters of regional development, SMEs in the fields of ICT and health.
The cluster was established in 2012 within the framework of the project “Advanced Medical Imaging on the project, interdisciplinary and integrated by creating a network of Regional Clusters and Development Strategies in Europe”(AMI-4Europe) funded by the European Commission through 7th Framework Programme – Regions of Knowledge by joint decision and contribution of its founding members – University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Grigore T. Popa” Iasi, North-East Regional Development Agency, Emergency County Hospital “St. Spiridon” Iasi, Romsoft SRL Iasi, Regional Oncology Institute Iasi in order to improve the cooperation in the use of innovative medical imaging and providing quality healthcare services.
Subsequently, joined the cluster as associate members: Iasi County Council, TEHNOPOLIS Science and Technology Park, Technical University “Gheorghe Asachi” of Iasi, “Al. I. Cuza ” University of Iasi, Emergency Clinical Hospital “Prof. Dr. N. Oblu “, University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine “Ion Ionescu de la Brad” of Iasi, Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry “Petru Poni ”, County Emergency Clinical Hospital “ Sf. Ioan cel Nou” of Suceava, Pneumoftiziology Clinical Hospital of Iasi, Clinical Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology “Elena Doamna” of Iasi, Providenta – Hospitals and Clinics, Moldova and Bucovina Metropolitan Church, Iasi City Hall, Romanian Academy – Iasi Branch, Charity Association Codrin, Create Change Association and 20 SMEs from ICT, healthcare, consulting sectors – Diagnostic Clinic Phoenix, Micromedica Medical Center, Scan Expert, Optim Diagnostics, Tissuegnostics Romania, Coramed, Shopfit Online, St. Lucia Clinic, Access Investments, Medimagis, Cromatec, Pixel Data, Centrul Euroclinic Oncology Center (VICTORIA HOSPITAL), Intelelectro Atelierul de Idei – TrainIC, Sincromed (ITR SINCRO SRL), Mindfully Technologies (XVISION), Strongbytes, Gamagim, Thinslices Development.
The number of cluster members is continuously growing. The presence of four prestigious universities in its structure, along with representative members of the medical, economic and administrative, regional development and ICT sectors, is a guarantee of the value of IMAGO-MOL Cluster.
IMAGO-MOL Cluster mission is to support the competitiveness development of the structural and functional molecular imaging sector in North East Region
- The cluster aims to initiate and develop fundamental and applied medical studies, in vivo and in vitro. The studies will track physiological and pathological medical aspects through methods of molecular imaging, functional (eg. scintigraphy) and structural, with proper resolution (X-ray CT, MRI, ultrasound etc.).
- The cluster aims to develop a platform for molecular and structural medical imaging competitive in the context of medical imaging on nationally and internationally level.
Fields of activity:
- Development of a platform of providers/stakeholders in the molecular and structural medical imaging in North East Region, including research activities, fundamental and applied medical studies that will follow the medical aspects of physiological and pathological molecular imaging methods;
- Research-developing activities for medical imaging and technologic transfer, with formative impact in universitary and post-universitary education, economic impact through the SME development and practical impact in improving the diagnosis and treatment of certain diseases;
- Development of projects in partnership in order to obtain funds necessary for RDI activities and technology transfer in the field of medical imaging.
- Retro-prospective structural and functional imaging research for the early diagnosis of the cerebro-medular degenerative modifications and stroke;
- Research concerning the synthesis and use, in vitro and in vivo, of new radiotracers for the SPECT, PET-CT and IRM techniques
- Studies in combined structural and functional imaging, in vitro and in vivo, for the diagnosis and evolution follow-up of certain neoplasia.