The setting up of the IMAGO-MOL Cluster was one of the main results of the project “Advanced Medical Imaging on the project, interdisciplinary and integrated by creating a network of Regional Clusters and Development Strategies in Europe”(AMI-4Europe) financed by the European Commission through the Seventh Framework Programme– Regions of Knowledge.
Project Consortium was made up of the coordinator – Madrid Network Association (Spain) and 21 partners from 6 countries (Spain, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Romania and Bosnia Herzegovina), being the first medical cluster from Romania and the only medical imaging cluster from EU.
AMI 4 Europe project partners
- Madrid Plataforma de la Salud y el Bienestar (Spain)
- Asociación Madrid Plataforma de la Biotecnologia (Spain)
- Investitions und Forderbank Niedersachsen (Germany)
- Zentrum für biomedizinische Technik und Innovation e. V. (Germany)
- Società Finanziaria Laziale di Sviluppo ( Italy)
- INNOVA ESZAK (Hungary)
- Pharmapolis Klaszter Kft. (Hungary)
- Agentia pentru Dezvoltare Regionala Nord-Est (Romania)
- Agencija za Ekonomiski Razvoj Opstine Prijedor (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Servicio Madrileño de Salud- HCSC (Spain)
- Expertia Soluciones Integrales(Spain)
- Desarrollos Informaticos Abadia (Spain)
- Andago Ingeniería S.L. (Spain)
- Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata ( Italy)
- Advanced Computer System ACS ( Italy)
- Universitatea de Medicina di Farmacie GR.T POPA IASI (Romania)
- Spitatul Clinic Judeatean de Urgenta “SF. SPIRIDON” IASI (Romania)
- ROMSOFT SRL (Romania)
- Europrojekt Centar (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Univerzitet u Banjoj Luci (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Opšta Bolnica Prijedor (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
The AMI 4 Europe Consortium Members that established the IMAGO-MOL Cluster were University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Grigore T. Popa” Iasi, North-East Regional Development Agency, Emergency County Hospital “St. Spiridon” Iasi, Romsoft SRL Iasi together with Regional Oncology Institute Iasi.
The project was implemented during October 2010 – October 2013, having a total budget of 2.649.565 Euro.
The objective of AMI-4Europe was to define and develop the concept of “next generation” Medical Imaging integrating disciplines such as nanomedicine, pharmacological and biotechnologies for healthcare and ICT.
The main activities of the project were the design of medical imaging sector value chain analysis in Europe, socioeconomic and SWOT analysis in the field of Advanced Medical Imaging; developing a joint action plan in the field of Advanced Medical Imaging at European level; implementation of the first European Medical Imaging platforms in order to create a common framework to promote policies, technologies and research results in the aimed sector, the establishment of two clusters in medical imaging – IMAGO – MOL Cluster Romania and Bosnia Herzegovina RTD Cluster .
The main events in the North East Region organized within the framework of AMI 4 Europe project were the following:
• International Launching Conference of the IMAGO-MOL Cluster, 29-30 October 2012
• National Symposium IMAGO -MOL – Biomedical Imaging in North- East: Past, Present and Future, 26th September 2013